On May 19, the County Council approved what will be an historic budget for the arts and humanities for FY17! The Resolution, once adopted on May 26, is expected to be as follows:
- Operating Support Grants $3,308,202
- Small/Mid-Size Organizations, Creative Projects, Arts Education, and Individual Artist/Scholar Grants $778,861
- Advancement Grants $250,050
- Administration $529,830
- Arts and Humanities Matching Fund $200,000
- Grants to Support Wheaton Arts and Entertainment District $90,000
- Grant to National Philharmonic $150,000
- Total Arts and Humanities Council NDA $5,306,943
We certainly could not have achieved such historic heights without YOUR advocacy - congratulations to us all!!!
Following the budget approval on May 26, AHCMC staff encourages all members of the arts and humanities community to attend our 3:00PM Community-Wide FY17 Budget and Advocacy Recap Phone-In to learn more about the finalized county budget for the Arts and Humanities and the impacts of our combined advocacy strategies. We look forward to hearing you there!